Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ready for a 50K?

Am I ready for a 50K?  We'll see.  I'm going to Waco for the Toughest in Texas Trail Runs in Cameron Park.  I biked there a little when I was in college, and ran there a little when we lived in Waco later on.  But this was before I was really running; at that time, I would run for 30 minutes or so with Princess (how I miss her!) and call it good, thinking I was a real trail running stud.  I figure this race will take me at least 6 hours, if I go really fast, more likely 7 or more. 

This race is only in its fourth year or so, and my brother has run in every other running.  He won't be there this weekend, so I have to run to make sure there's a Mastin represented.  I am looking forward to running with my friend Stuart, a veteran trail runner and a great guy.  I have never run with him before; we'll see if I can keep up!

This race calls itself Toughest in Texas.  Cross Timbers, where I ran the marathon 3 weeks ago, calls itself the Toughest Little Trail in Texas.  I guess I'll let you know in a few days who wins the toughest trail prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment