Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2 years, 11 races

Two years ago, I ran my first marathon, the White Rock Marathon in Dallas.  Last month, I ran it again.  In between the two, I ran a number of other races, a grand total of 11 races of marathon distance or greater in a span of just under 2 years, plus a couple of ultras in which I DNF'd (after 19 and 25 miles respectively) and a few shorter races.  On the one hand, that sounds like a lot of running.  On the other hand, during that time I've met a number of runners who run marathons almost every weekend, or run back-to-back ultras.

I don't know where my perfect balance is.  Sometimes I think I recover well, but sometimes not.  It took me a while to feel back to normal after White Rock.  I'd love to be one of those guys who can run a marathon on Saturday, then another one on Sunday, and then run a 50 mile trail run on Saturday.  Or who can finish 4 mountain 100 milers in one season.  At this point, I'm not one of those guys.  But I think I can get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment