Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Runner Who Doesn't Run

Saturday I will be running the Grasslands 50 miler, the 4th in the 50 Mile Texas Style Grand Slam, so I am officially in rest mode.  Problem is, I've been in rest mode for a while, really since Cross Timbers.  I have a pretty good grasp of planning for a race, putting together a training plan with a build up of mileage and taper, but these races close together have me flummoxed.  I was beat going into CT, and now I'm feeling unprepared for Grasslands.  I hadn't planned on running a lot these last couple of weeks, but I have hardly run at all.  My body is tired and creaky.  I should be able to get plenty of sleep this week, since it is spring break, so I don't have to get up early to take the kids to school.  Here's hoping for a not-last-place finish on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment