Friday, December 10, 2010

Running with Jesus kitsch

In my last post, I wrote about my "Running with Jesus" friend at White Rock.  While looking for an image to include for that post, I ran across some Jesus kitsch that I thought I'd pass along.  I was reminded of the time when I was 12 and decided I would be a jogger.  I used my lawn mowing money to by some Nike running shoes with the waffle soles.  I saw a t-shirt in the Christian bookstore in the mall with a turtle wearing a sweatband that read "Jogging for Jesus."  I asked for the shirt for my birthday, but I didn't get it.  I wish I could find a picture of that shirt!  Here are some more modern interpretations of the theme.
I <em>Jog</em> With <em>Jesus</em> T-Shirt (Guys), Navy Blue, Medium
Looks like Jesus is in the lead.

<em>Jesus</em> the Jogger <em>Jog</em> Rectangle Magnet by CafePress
Does Jesus need to stretch before running?
He must have been pretty fit, walking everywhere he went.
Did people in the first century have a clue about stretching?
If Jesus stretched after a day's walking up toward Jerusalem, the disciples would probably have thought he was nuts.

<em>Jesus</em> is my <em>running</em> buddy keychain
Not a very good picture.  It says, "Jesus is my running buddy."  You can get this on key chains, shirts, mugs, bags, etc. at Zazzle.com.  Jesus is a good running buddy.  He never gets too far ahead or behind, doesn't care if you fart, and will always listen.
Here's another view of the one from the last blog.  Cute?  Dumb?  Silly?  Inspiring?  You be the judge.


No comments:

Post a Comment