Monday, August 29, 2011

New race, new motivation

This is not a good pattern.  Shortly after the Toughest in Texas 50K in March, I went about 5 weeks without running.  Since the Capt'n Karl's 30K at Inks Lake last month, it's been about 6 weeks since I have run.  Not good.  I have to get back on a schedule.  When I put together a running plan in anticipation of a race, I don't always stick to it, but at least it gives me some goals and motivation. 

So last week I signed up for the Rockledge Rumble 50K.  I guess I'd better start logging some miles!  I am looking forward to the Rumble, the premier race put on by NTTR.  I have run many times at the north shore of Lake Grapevine, but never in a race.  It's only 12 weeks away, so I'd better work on a training plan and start putting in my miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment