Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Streaking

I have had a mixture of admiration and suspicion of people who say they have run every day for a long period of time.  I have been a firm believer in rest days.  But I wonder if a rest day has to be a non-running day?  After taking about 6 weeks of "rest days," I have been running every day for 10 days, trying to build my base back up.  I have been only running 5-6 miles per day at a pretty easy pace, with no long runs and no intervals.  So far, so good.  Now that I'm feeling better about my base, and with a couple of races on the calendar, I will definitely need to start in on some intervals and long runs, which may require a rest day.  But a rest day could mean a short jog around the block . . . .  I don't know how long I'll keep up the current streak.  30 days?  More?  One thing I'll promise: my streaking will be fully clothed.

No comments:

Post a Comment