Friday, March 2, 2012

Hell's Hills, here I come!

I have officially registered for Hell's Hills 50K!  No refunds, no excuses, no turning back now!  I have 5 weeks to recover some of that running passion and log some miles.  These last couple of months, I have felt like my body has been taken over by someone else.  Who was that guy who ran 100 days straight and ran White Rock in 3:33?  It sure doesn't feel like it was me.
Come April 7, I plan to be there in Smithville.  I may be at the back of the pack, the 50 mile runners may be passing me up, but I'll be there.  And the bonus: I'll be running with my brother.  As my son Zippy has pointed out, I'm fatter, older, and slower than Mark, so I don't know if I'll be able to keep up, but at least we can start together, and maybe he'll drive his broken-down big brother home afterwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment