Saturday, November 14, 2009

Things Seen While Running: Premature Christmas Decorations

I love Christmas. Don't get me wrong. But there's a time to celebrate. I understand that retailers have had a tough year, and they're trying to get in early on the Christmas season profits. I confess that I have begun Christmas shopping myself. (Don't tell my boys, but I took advantage of a discount on a possibly-tough-to-get-closer-to-Christmas video game system.)


But houses decorated for Christmas way before Thanksgiving drive me nuts! The other day Kelly had an appointment in north Hurst. I rode along with her and ran home and saw these decorated houses. This was on Monday, November 9. What is that, 45 days or so before Christmas? Ugh. A couple days later I saw some houses with Christmas lights already up and lit! Wow.

(These people should have someone bring in their papers when they're out of town so burglars don't know they're gone!)

I mentioned this to my wife and she tells me KLTY is having a "Christmas preview weekend," playing Christmas music all day! Two weeks before Thanksgiving!

By the way, this run was fun, simply counting the towns I ran through: Hurst, Colleyville, Euless, Bedford, Fort Worth. Five cities in 11 miles. I'll have to starting mapping out some runs to see how many cities I can run through in one run.

No comments:

Post a Comment