Thursday, April 1, 2010

DNF 550

Yesterday driving to work I was behind a car whose license plate read "DNF 550."  I took it personally.  This weekend is Hell's Hills, which would have been my 5th 50 miler, the last in the Texas Style 50 Mile Grand Slam.  I thought the Slam was a reasonable goal, and maybe it was.  But I DNF'd the 5 50s.  I took that license plate as a slap in the face, so I rammed him from behind.  Just kidding.

I would love to have headed to Smithville for the race, but I admit I am looking forward to a relaxing Saturday.  I don't have any races coming up on the calendar.  I need to get back on a running schedulel  I have been working 12-14 hour days for a few weeks, and haven't been running at all.  After tax day I'll start fresh and build my mileage back up.

I saw this shirt on a web site.  It's me: Cross Timbers, DFL; Grasslands, DNF; Hell's HIlls, DNS.

No comments:

Post a Comment