Tuesday, June 1, 2010

No excuses

In my last post, I said I was adjusting to early morning runs.  I spoke too soon!  I've been so lazy in the mornings.  I also said I was running "most mornings."  Ha!  I guess I overestimated myself.  The Garmin doesn't lie.  I have been slacking off.  This morning I ran 6.2 miles, the first run since last Monday.  And I almost didn't run today!

I woke up before my alarm (which I think is a good think, in terms of adjusting to an earlier schedule).  I was considering going back to sleep and skipping my run when I heard a downpour outside.  I didn't remember seeing rain in the weather forecast, but I looked out the window and saw that the wall was wet.  Thinking I had a perfect excuse not to run, I got up to take a closer look.  I put on my glasses, went in the living room, and turned on the light in the backyard to get a better look.  The wall was wet, but the rain looked odd.  Then it stopped.  And I realized that it was the sprinkler, just on the other side of the wall.  I think the head must have broken so there was a geyser on the other side of the wall spraying into my yard.

Since it was only a personal little rain shower for me, I decided to run, and I'm glad I did.  They say (I can't remember where I read this recently) the only runs you regret are the ones you don't run.  Like Saturday morning, when my brother got me up to go run with him, but I sent him off to run alone while I went back to bed.  I ended up sleeping 'til noon, so I guess I needed the rest, but it would have been nice to take advantage of a rare opportunity to run with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment